Wednesday, September 28, 2011

1st Birthday Party




I can't believe we had Barnes' first birthday party this past Sunday. I am so thankful to all our family and close friends for being part of his special day. So normally I wouldn't throw a party on Sunday night but with football season and so many home games in a row it worked out best for us. I am so fortunate that my parents flew in for the weekend to not only celebrate but help as well! With my long commute every day it makes it really difficult to get things done. Normally I would be able to get things done on my lunch break but not working in Union. There isn't really a lot of shopping options. Anyway - with mom and dad's help we got most everything done that I wanted to.

Ryan with Barnes - so glad Ryan's R&R fell over Barnes' birthday. We enjoyed all the time we got to spend with him!

To make it easy and fun for all we went with a Carolina Football theme. Barnes' loves to play with balls of all shapes and sizes including dad's old football. I was trying to make things easy by doing hot dogs - who knew there would be a monsoon and I wouldn't be able to cook on the grill. Will we managed and things turned out great even with water coming in our back door!!

Mommy and Daddy singing happy birthday!

Barnes loved the cake more than the icing I think!

Barnes and Mommy

Sawyer Anderson


I ordered this adorable hat off etsy - I was he would have worn it a little longer!

Looks like we are all having boys! From left to right: Gail Pennington with Micah (about 10 weeks), Caroline Hartley with William (14 months), Megan Anderson with Sawyer (8 months), and Me with Barnes (almost one!)

Door decorations.


Barnes started walking - I mean RUNNING! last week. He took a few steps here and there two weeks ago but really started walking last Sunday and Monday. Now he doesn't slow down and he definitely doesn't want to sit down and let anyone hold him - boooo. I miss my little guy! The only time this guy sits still is when you give him is cup of formula.

Because Barnes' has been sick we haven't started our transition to Soy Milk. We have eliminated all bottles. Only sippy cups. It was actually much easier than I thought! Once we found a cup he liked and he used them during the day it was easy to eliminate the one at night. Not sure if the transition to soy will go as easy.

No comments: