Monday, October 11, 2010

Mom left today...






Well I knew today was coming but it definitely was a sad day at the Dragner house. My mom and dad flew home today. My mom has been here helping since the 30th and dad flew in last Thursday. We are all going to miss the help and support! I had no idea how emotional our first week at home would be. I normally don't stress about much but bringing home Barnes and adjusting to a "new reality" has been stressful and an adventure. I don't know how we would have done it without all of the help from my mom. She cleaned, took the night shift, and let me cry on her shoulder and when Dad arrived he jumped right in to help too. Thanks again GiGi and Pops!



Last Friday my Aunt Judy and Uncle John were able to come down and meet Barnes and visit with Mom and Dad. I know my dad enjoyed seeing his sister and we were so glad that they could meet Barnes.



We had a great weekend! We cheered on the Gamecocks in their win over Alabama! We took a walk on Friday around the block and yesterday we all took a walk and went to Publix for subs.



2 comments:

Barbara said...

So glad that you all are doing so well. Barnes is a cutie pie and you look wonderful. Just wanted to drop in and say..."Welcome to Motherhood"! Your life will NEVER be the same.

Take Care,
Barbara

Valerie said...

It was a sad day for GiGi and Pops but we know we left Barnes in good hands. Katharine and LJ are doing great and Barnes is a very lucky little boy!

Mom