Sunday, January 2, 2011

Baby's First Christmas




Christmas came and went so fast! The weekend before Christmas (Dec 17th) LJ and I celebrated our 5 year wedding anniversary. We were so fortunate to have my mother in town to keep Barnes. LJ and I went to dinner and met some friends for a few drinks. It was pretty low key but so nice to have a quite dinner with LJ. We don't do it often enough these days.

Saturday the 18th our friends Jennifer and Drew got married. LJ and I took a few photos that I had hoped to use as Christmas cards but that hasn't happened. Sunday LJ ended up with the stomach virus and my mom didn't feel well so my plans of getting "a lot done" went out the window. Barnes and I did enjoy a day together. I ended up with the stomach virus on Wednesday - yuck! The only upside was shedding a few extra pounds! Barnes was still pretty congested so LJ took him to the doctor and Barnes was started on antibiotics to prevent an ear infection. The combination of the antibiotics, humidifier, elevating the bed, and saline drops seems to have done the trick.





Taking photos with Barnes before we went to the wedding.


The girls at Jennifer's wedding!

Needless to say I did not get all of the baking and decorating I wanted to get done for the holidays. We did get the house cleaned for our house guests on Christmas Eve. We had 3 couples over after church - it was fun to spend Christmas with some of our good friends. LJ, Barnes and I spent our first Christmas at our house. LJ and I stayed up and put Barnes' play mat together that he got for Christmas and we spent Christmas morning just relaxing before going up to Rock Hill Christmas Day afternoon. Barnes met LJ's friend Will and his mom - we stopped by to visit them before heading to LJ's sisters for dinner.




LJ and Will with Barnes.


We spent Christmas Day evening at LJ's sisters with their family. We exchanged gifts and ate and then headed home!



Katie, Lillyann, LJ and Barnes. (First photo of Barnes with his cousin Lillyann)



Barnes is growing so fast. He has officially found his hands and can't get enough of them!!!

No comments: