Saturday, September 4, 2010

Football Season has begun...

So, it has been a few weeks since I have updated. Since my last post I had a baby shower at work. It was so great to get some more of the essentials and gift cards that will come in handy during my maternity leave. Thanks again to all of my co-workers for thinking of us!




We also helped throw a wedding shower for our friends Matt and Gail. They are getting married Oct 2nd. Hopefully Barnes will be here by then but we won't be making it to the wedding. LJ will be going solo.


I also had a super cute garnet and black hat made for Barnes' and his first photo-shoot. One of the women I knit with on Thursday nights knitted it for me. I knew that if I tried to tackle the project it would have taken ages. I am still working on the "hooded carrying sack" for him that I have been knitting.

I finally bought an outfit for Barnes and have bought several lately including a gamecock onesie. I know Barnes and I will be spending some Saturdays at home watching the Gamecocks while LJ is at the games and Barnes needed an outfit!

Almost 37 weeks! Wow it has gone by so fast! With just a little over 3 weeks to go I am planning on getting my bag packed for the hospital and when LJ gets home putting the car seat in the car and then I think we will be "ready". At least as ready as we can be! I think I am really going to miss feeling him move - although nowadays it can be a little painful (he is running out room). I really don't think I am going to miss much else! Obviously, we can't wait to meet Barnes and see who he looks like and if he will have red hair, but I also can't wait to get into a pair of my jeans and have a glass of wine!





So, at this point we are counting down the days. Goal for football season: Make it to the GA game next weekend and survive the heat! Goal for birth: Praying he comes on his own before Oct 1st.

No comments: